A Huge Thank-You!
This week Julie Krupp of Enhanced Perspective, a blog that I find uplifting, inspiring, and positive for the heart, mind, and soul, shared with me a link to her Sunshine Blogger Award Nomination post. To my total surprise, Speak To The Brain is among the many other amazing blogs she has chosen as her list of nominees!
A HUGE Thank You to Julie Krupp- Enhanced Perspective , not only for this awesome nomination, but also for being one of the fantastic brains that reads my blog.
What Is The Sunshine Blogger Award
I am totally excited to receive a nomination; however, to be a bit honest, I had no idea what the Sunshine Blogger Award was all about until I did a little research (stuff I do best). It turns out, it’s pretty cool and sounds like a lot of fun:
The Sunshine Blogger award is given by bloggers to bloggers who inspire positivity and creativity in the blogging community.
The rules are:
- Thank blogger(s) who nominated you for a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate up to 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
11 Questions From Julie Krupp-Enhanced Perspective
1. What is the best present you ever received?
- The best present I ever received was my first Nikon DSLR camera. It was the best present ever, because it motivated me to pursue my love for landscape photography.
2. What are three small sources of joy for you?
- Three small sources of joy for me is watching B-rated monster movies, eating a Peppermint Pattie, and getting lost in the world of genealogy.
3. Where is the last place you traveled and why?
- I recently traveled halfway across the state to have my teeth cleaned. My parents live nearly 4 hours away and they insisted that I see their dentist, because they say their dentist is “awesome.” Well, turns out, their dentist is awesome.
4. Where is your dream vacation?
- My dream vacation is in Alaska. I know, it’s not very warm nor is it very exotic- totally not flip-flop friendly. I used to dream of vacationing in the Bahamas, but I really want to see the glaciers in Alaska, before they supposedly melt.
5. What did you want to be when you were little?
- When I was little-little, I wanted to be a “singing doctor.” I am not sure about the specifics though… like, did I want to be a doctor who sings to patients or a professional singer who had a degree in medicine? I really don’t know.
6. When did you feel that what you said or what you did really resonated with your soul?
- In the beginning of my mental health journey with OCD, I came up with a personal mantra to encourage me to keep moving forward. It was something like, “Every journey starts with gravel under our feet, but eventually, we will have sand between our toes.” It reminded me that some journeys can be tough, but they get easier towards the end.
7. What are you afraid of or what fear have you overcome?
- Having Pure “O” OCD, I have overcome many irrational fears. However, I am honestly afraid of the unknown. Like, I am not brave enough to put my hand through a dark hole in the wall just because Indiana Jones tells me there is a lever inside. Nope, he would just have to wait until I get a stick first!
8. What is one of your favorite books?
- “The Odyssey,” by Ancient Greek poet Homer. It’s like one of the worlds oldest adventure story!
9. What is your favorite type of cuisine?
- Italian. I cannot get enough pasta, garlic, and bread.
10. What is one of your favorite songs?
- “Boom Boom Pow,” by Black Eyes Peas. Whenever I hear this song, I just can’t help but move to the beat. It gives me happy feet!
11. What is one of your favorite movies?
- Surprisingly, one of my favorite movies is Kung Fu Panda. I know I am an adult, but who doesn’t like a good Jack Black movie!
I nominate the following…
Okay, I don’t have exactly 11 nominees, but these are great reads. I enjoy following them. Each one of them has a spark of positivity and creativity. This list of bloggers often brighten my day, as it is a mix of everything I enjoy from creative photography and art to positive mental health and psychology.
- Geek Mamas
- The Organised Mum
- Anxiety and Adventures
- Chateaux Des Fleurs
- Through Open Lens
- Uncustomary Housewife
- Damon Ashworth Psychology
- Only Michy
Are you ready? These are my 11 questions:
- Why did you start a blog?
- How long have you been blogging for?
- In your opinion, what do you think is the key to happiness?
- What made you laugh today?
- Have you ever posted something on your blog that received a lot of surprising attention?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world for lunch, where would you go and what would you eat?
- Who do you most admire in life?
- What is your favorite comfort food?
- What hobbies do you enjoy (other than blogging, if blogging is a hobby)?
- What is something you do to help yourself wind down from a long stressful day?
- What positive advice do you have for beginner bloggers?